Tuesday, December 20, 2011

THE SHOE

The Shoe That Gets Me Through
PT Today
X50, W30
SRBike 40/10 miles
Run 72/6.45 miles
This morning's run was a split:
48 minutes for approx. 4 miles on the road
+
24 minutes for 2.45 miles on the treadmill.
The New Balance Minimus Road shoe, pictured above
has been my regular running shoe for about 3 months now.
I have made the switch from a stability and cushioning type
shoe with big heel and massive heel to toe drop to the
"minimus" shoe, landing more on my midfoot and less on the
heel. Having been a heel striker with ankle problems for years I mean
years, the switch took some convinicing and time.  Having read:
BORN TO RUN, and researching various sources online I came to the
switch and I am glad I have.  Me: no speedster, I am just a jogger/runner.
My main goal is to keep running for years to come, avoid disruption
and injury for as long as possible. Maintain and lengthen long runs over time, drop some more lbs and eventually pick up the training pace.  No rush
one step at a time...ENJOY it all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment