Thursday, September 15, 2011

Running on


Steady forward progress
Day 2 in minimalist NB shoes
Thu Sep 15
Run 60/5 + miles
Woke up to slightly sore calf muscles.
This is due to the 60 minute run yesterday
done entirely at new stride, landing my foot'
at the forefoot or midsole rather than the heel
as I have done for What? 40 plus years?
So that was a okay.
Today's run more of the same
less ankle pain, easier to adapt to
the stride without having to THINK about
it so much, an enjoyable 5 plus miler
just a bit faster than yesterday...
ice the ankles again after the run for 5 minutes
and remain on naproxin 200mg X 2 per day.
Thinkin this alteration is the right thing
the more I read and watch and hear from 
runners and experts I am liking the change
Calf muscle soreness in minimal thus far
keep on keepin on is what I plan to do
Seems like this method is more like what
running is supposed to be
Something I can't yet explain
stay tuned sports fans...
Be great!       

No comments:

Post a Comment