Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not that I have done any cycling of special note lately, but the general routine has been cycle on the stationary bike for 30-40 minutes or so and then hit the roads for a run, this is a 6 or 7 day a week deal.  I consider cycling a key component of my training program though I make running my epicenter.  Cycling enables me to limit the pounding my leg muscles and associated body parts take, while still working the cardio system.  Cycling enhances my running program, as I can continue to build endurance with less miles run leading to potentially better quality versus quantity.  Of course the reverse is also true where the running compliments the cycling miles.  Cross Training, brilliant in terms of design, the key is BALANCE avoiding burnout.  Stressing just enough to gain strength or performance without causing injury or total wreckage!  Keeping a bit of variety, just enough to maintain sanity.  Mega miles and weekly numbers are fun to total up, just gotta make sure to keep it in the category of safe and sane!
        
X77
SRBike 33/8.33 miles
Run 63/5+ miles

No comments:

Post a Comment