Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Total Tuesday Treadmill Assault (not really)

TUESDAY
PT
80X
SRBike 34/8 miles
TRun 62/6.35 miles
SRBike 34/8.33 miles
Today's Tuesday PT
The Treadmill:

The treadmill has become a great tool and at this point my place of choice for running.  This was not true just a few months ago.  However the weather got cool and took me inside and now I am content to train on the treadmill.  I have even gotten to where I can do my LONG RUNS, currently 15 miles on the treadmill.  Considering how mentally challenging it was to go for a whole hour at a time a while back, it just goes to show that change is possible and yes even and old school guy, basic weekend warrior type athlete kind of guy like ME, yes me I can adapt.  

I have found I can do a lot of different types of workouts and not get too bored on the treadmill.  I can go long, short, fast, slow, tempo, escalate up or down, do hills, repeats, sprints, jog, walk, combine any or all of the above into a workout.  I am faster and now fitter for the use of it, hey treadmill, "Thanks" (just don't forget the trails)



No comments:

Post a Comment