Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Just a Man Not THE man.

That's all I am. A recreational cyclist, a jogger, a sometimes triathlete, a weekend warrior. I am of average athletic skills. I struggle with finding the motivation, desire and time to achieve my goals. I am far from perfect in my own habits. But I try. Yes I try. And for that effort I can improve myself and so that is what I do. The best that I can. These are the things I enjoy doing and what I consider myself in part to be.

I am also a son, a brother, a father, a partner, a friend, mentor, leader, soothsayer and secret inside advisor to the powers that run the world. (Okay, not really that last part.) I am just like a good many people, I am part this and part that and parts yet unknown.

Seeking the balance in life between all you are and all you want to be and all you want to do is the challenge of life. Whatever priorities you set will guide you. Whatever cards you may have been dealt affect your play, but you decide what to cards to play and when, no hand dealt you is unplayable nor is it likely to be your last hand. Keep that in mind. Change is everpresent.

We have options is life. Choose who you want to be and become that. Then enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment