Thursday, April 30, 2009

Angels Camp Triathlon

The Angels Camp Triathlon takes place on May 10, 2009. This will be my first event this year. I haven't done a Tri event since I don't know when. This will test my early season performance level. I am interested to see how I can perform and where I am at fitness wise. This is a sprint triathlon. 1000 yard swim, 16 mile road bike, 3 mile trail run. Next week I will taper the training a bit and rest up a little to prepare for the Tri. Kim and I will head out Saturday for New Melanones Reservoir, throw up the tent and enjoy the day before the Tri on Sunday. That's next weekend. This weekend will be as per routine, easy run and medium long bike on Saturday and long run with long bike on Sunday. Will spend some time making sure I have all my Tri gear in order as well as the camping gear...should be fun!

Other events for this year include the always fun and interesting, Wharf to Wharf Run from Santa Cruz to Capitola Beach- a 6 mile run. Kim and I will run it together. We have run it together before, and I have run it maybe 4 times, though it has been maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

I am still thinking about other possible events, I'd like to do the Tri for Real in Pleasanton in September, The Tour De Peninsula in August if there is to be one this year and am keeping on the lookout for another event or two just to have something to look forward to, as a motivator.

I have to put in some work here in the last week before the Tri in the pool. My swim workouts have been minimal and will be enough to get me through the 1000 yards well enough but it's the area that needs most work right now.

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance? Is that how the saying goes? I would add one important piece to that though. Execution....one must actually execute the plan in order to perform. Often enough I have put it on paper early in the year only to fade and fail to execute the plan. Staying the course...taking positive action, gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment