Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heroes and Villains

Just the other day on my morning run I caught, "Heroes and Villains" on my Ipod.  Though it's not my favorite Beach Boy tune, probably not in my top 25, it sounded good at the time.  It caught me in the right mood and in sync with me in my head on the run...
Later I just thought about the title to the song and how I am applying it to what I perceive to be going on in our country...
In political terms my Heroes are few and far between.  The Villains are seemingly abundant. 
I blame unreasonable and lying members of the republican party for extreme failure to meet their opposition in a reasonable compromise.  Self seeking representatives who care only about their re election and helping their greedy corporate pals win favorable inside legislative deals or other underhanded means to exploit the masses. Oh yeah, there are many Villains...
Hero status is tough to attain in my book.  The lesser of two evils, often being the Democratic party does not a hero make...
I can applaud many a democrat who stands up and speaks out, but too many times they only do so in the media and La Causa is lost...
Hero status awaits....
I'll let you know when I find one...
                Tuesday October 4, 2011
X70, B10
SRBike 32/8.33 miles
Run 60/5+ miles

1 comment:

  1. whoa there...getting a bit political are we?

    ReplyDelete