Monday, January 11, 2010

Recovery


Monday morning, up early preparing for the day. Routine warm up with the X-core exercises and a few reps with the weights. An easy spin on the stationary bike at a constant 18+ mph.
A fair and balanced pace, methodical in fact. I can feel a bit of burn in my legs, the big muscles the quads and hams, this from yesterdays ride and the accumulation of workouts. So I just go easy and put an hour in on the pedals. Off the bike, change of shirts, zip up, gloves on I am out for a run, an easy run. This too is a recovery in action, yesterdays 8 miler and the accumulation factor says lets go easy and so I do. Like the turtle, slow and certain. I feel good enough, though going easy and accepting the run as such, is good it reduces the mental stress as well. Giving permission to go easy and recover is a smart thing to do. I am the tortoise today and that's okay.
Today's Workout:
X85, W30
Bike: 60/18+ miles, stationary.
Run: 66/6 miles, road.

No comments:

Post a Comment