Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5, 2009

Tryin' to get the feeling again...
Today's Workout:
X77, W25, M
BIKE: 47/16 miles. stationary:
RUN: 43:25/5 miles, treadmill. 8:41 average mile.
Pounded out the bike and run, pretty strong.
"Tryin' to get the feeling again"
{ 1976 top 10 Billboard , by the great... Barry Manilow}
On the treadmill, this song pushed me through at the end to run under 44 minutes.
I am trying to get that feeling again. I used to run faster when I was younger, that's no surprise. But I am beginning to run a bit quicker pace, slowly over time as I continue to work at it, with occasional speed workouts and striders. I used to train in the 8's and race in the 6's and 7's, no speedster even then, back in the good old days. I have been jogging in the 10's and 11's for a long time. A good run in at 8:41 pace is getting that feeling back again. I can't turn back the clock, but I can experience some of the good old days in the moment as the effort to get that feeling again continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment