Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15, 2009

...even when I probably shouldn't.

BIKE: 60 minutes, 19+ miles, stationary.

WALK: 10 minutes, treadmill.

RUN: 33 minutes, 3+ miles, slow and easy, treadmill.

Nursing this ankle back to health, iced it several times yesterday and soaked it in the hot tub, after swimming, iced it this morning after exercise. It is swollen, clearly a sprain, tender and I limp a bit to favor it. It is marginally better than yesterday. The test today was on the treadmill. Having wrapped it well, I walked to warm it up and slowly increased the speed as I was able to handle it, got the 3+ miles in, which surprised me, could have done more but my mistakes are in doing too much, too soon. In any event I will continue to be careful and try to get back to full strength in few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment