Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hero: The Great Dave Moulton

There is a great man, by the name of Dave Moulton. Among other things, Dave has a blog that I follow, called Dave's Bike Blog. You can find the link on the list of blogs I follow. Dave Moulton writes about all things cycling and of bike building and of the history in cycling. Dave comes from Brittan, where in his youth he was a competitive cyclist. He apprenticed to a master bike builder and later became a master bike builder. He came to America to build custom bikes and become well known for them. He is a man of depth and wisdom, he writes with humor and common sense. He knows who he is and contributes of himself in his writings.
He educates, pontificates, suggests smartly and leaves you informed and better off for having read the words that he writes.

Dave is also the author of, "Prodigal Child" a novel, part factual and part fiction which details a good part of his own life. There is a message in what Dave writes. Part of the message is that of positive thinking and the tremendous power which one can gain in life by practicing positive thoughts.

Recently, I bought Dave's book and enjoyed the book so much that I wrote him a thank you note. Dave responded with an offer to send me a new copy of his book autographed, free of charge, so that I might feel free to loan my other copy of the book out, without concern for getting it back.

Dave Moulton is a man of many talents, he is a wise, thoughtful and giving soul. I Thank You Dave for all you do and I acknowledge you here as the Hero that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment