Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom

My Mom. She passed away from this earthly plane in January 2008, not long ago. When she passed on, I knew instinctively that part of her lives on inside of me. My Mom raised four children. She was a nurse, a poet, a strong advocate for her union and an all around Mom.
She had a great sense of humor and a contagious type of laugh. She was tough when tough was called for as a Mom and taught that living within ones means was an obligation. She had a good sense of herself, was quite independent and even stubborn at times. She lived her life in the present times, over her life, from the 1930's she saw a lot of change in this country. For the very most part of it she was able to change with it. She sure gave me a lot, all the support you could imagine. She was always one to encourage you and help you, but she taught all of her children to do things themselves. She loved the redwoods and the beach, she was a critical observer of life and found a spiritual peace within, in her later years in Buddhism. My Mom was of the belief that she had a good life and that she had much to be thankful for, most important to her were her children. I too am fortunate, for my Mom lives on, in the best parts of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment