Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The All Star Game

The Major League's first Baseball All Star Game was played in Chicago in 1933. Babe Ruth played and hit a home run. Tonight, 76 years later the All Star game is played once again. The National League is long over due for a victory as they have lost the last 11 of 12, that includes the famous tie game that the commissioner deemed appropriate for whatever bizarre reason. So it's been 12 years without a NL win. With Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants starting for the NL, I am gonna go ahead and predict a NL victory tonight. It was, Mays, McCovey and Marichal back when I followed the Giants every day on the radio and through the box scores printed out on the Sporting Green of the SF Chronicle. Today I could only name a few of the All Stars, I am way out of touch with today's Baseball All Stars. I still love the game though and will be rooting for the National League. Go gettum Timmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment