Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Today's Workout July 1, 2009

1956 Chevy Pickup
I was the proud owner of a truck, much like this one about 33 years ago, it was a classic then and it's a classic now. Mine was green, aka "The Green Machine". Drove it my junior and senior years in high school. It had a 283 V-8, and a bunch of custom details. Gas was about 50 or 60 cents a gallon, between gas and repairs, working after school, it was all I could do to keep it on the road. Most of my friends had souped up cars or trucks in those days. This old truck of mine wasn't fast but it was friendly to me and remains a strong part of the good memories I have from those days back in 1976 and 1977.
Todays Workout
X70, W
RUN: 55 minutes, 5 miles, industrial road run, great legs today, felt strong!
BIKE: 32 minutes, 10 miles, stationary, medium effort on the spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment