Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bike Maintenance & Le Tour

The road bike went to Performance Bike yesterday. It's in the shop. While I am up at training camp and Le Tour De France begins, Mike's Bike will be undergoing some maintenance and repair. The main issue is the rear wheel. On my long ride Sunday, a nagging problem nagged once again. I seemed to be working hard but making little speed. At the halfway and turn around point, I checked to find the rear brake pad dragging on the rear rim. This rim has been beaten up pretty good over the years. I have had new spokes put in and the wheel trued up a few times as the wheel has proved its ability to come out of round. Perhaps jumping railroad tracks and jamming and slamming over the various bumps and potholes is to blame.
The bike mechanic and I had a good conversation about options and the way to go, it seems is to rebuild the wheel while maintaining the Campagnolo hub. The bike will be ready to roll out upon my return from training camp at The Cabin.

Meanwhile The Tour, begins on Saturday! The 4th of July! Fun Run to do, Parade, Fair, BBQ, Music, Fireworks...its gonna be a busy day, filled with "Fun, Fun, Fun"!
(#5 Billboard, 1965- The Beach Boys) ...had to get that in.

Tour De France general info, regarding Lance, in the main, will be posted here, on a regular basis. Stay tuned and yes BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment